Saturday, November 5, 2011

Illuxcon 4

I'm at Illuxcon this weekend, enjoying the animated, focused fellowship and learning that happens in this fantasy and science fiction annual event. This is my fourth year; I've attended every year since its establishment.

One of the most impressive things to me at this event, besides the quality of the original paintings and prints, is the eager hunger in the eyes of the participants. They want to learn; they want to grow. They are serious about taking in the advice they get from the lectures and demos, and you can see the enthusiasm in the faces of those who made it into the showcase.

Being here charges my batteries, humbles me, and sets a standard of quality in my work, every year much higher than before. I am grateful to be among such humble, friendly people.

No comments:

Post a Comment